Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Oootopia: An Artgebraic Tribute to Adventure Time Details

So the name that was chosen for the art show was Oootopia: An Artgebraic Tribute to Adventure Time, but that's only one of the reveals, there are many below.

Oootopia: An Artgebraic Tribute to Adventure Time
August 18, 2012 - September 9, 2012
Aug 18, 7:00PM - 11:00PM

OPENING NIGHT HIGHLIGHTS ($5 Admission)• Meet Exhibiting Artists in Person
• Kaboom Adventure Time Comic Signing
• Play the New Adventure Time Video Game on 3DS
• Costume Contest
• Hourly Raffle Prizes
• Complimentary Refreshments


Nucleus will also be stocked with plenty of AT merchandise, so maybe hold off buying it online. There will also be an exclusive print for the show, but no preview or artist has been named yet.
Oh No Doom's Adventure Time Tribute... wait have to say I hate the name of this tribute show, it's too cluttered. I love there was a contest with prizes for fans to name the show, but the name sucks. When I told a small friend about the name she said it was like taking a big bite of cabbage. I told her that wasn't a common phrase and I didn't understand. She then said "Y'know when you take a big bite of cabbage and it's awful "and I was like "No", then I laughed. $5 admission too!?? If your wearing a costume it should be free.

Back to Adventure Time: A Tribute Show by OhNo!Doom, which is a much easier name. I have to say looking at the two shows and comparing the OND show seems to have cooler pieces. I like a lot of the felt you can touch and enjoy. The previews I've been seeing online of others work is all been relatively okay, not holy cow! The difference is going to be the opening which has the Adventure Time game playable, cosplay contest, raffles, and the meeting of artists. Reminder there is no official word on Pen Ward attending or some of the other crew. I hope they show, they can't live that far away if they work in Burbank.
Vera Brosgol

No comments:

Post a Comment